Monday 30 March 2015

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review

Happy Monday! I hope you've all had a lovely week. I decided to do a review post of the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub as I'm absolutely loving it.

As odd as it may sound, I have a serious issue when it comes to my lips. I always bite them when I'm in awkward situations, or if I'm nervous - it's sort of become a comfort thing. It may sound gross but it's a really bad habit I've gotten into which ultimately results in my lips being cracked, dry and not really in a 'normal' state. I've heard that the Lush Lip Scrubs were really hydrating and moisturising, not to mention that they also taste pretty good, so I thought I'd give it a try and let you guys know how I've gotten on with it.

The only thing that sort of swayed me away from trying this for so long is the cost - they're £5.50 (not forgetting an extra £4 delivery charge online)  and I couldn't really justify spending that much on a tiny pot which in my opinion, didn't look as though it would last very long. However, I finally gave in and I'm so happy that I did! I've only been using it for about a week and my lips are already in such a better condition than before!

It tastes amazing which I find extremely attractive when it comes to lip products as I never want something on my lips that tastes completely gross, even if it does 'work wonders'. This lip scrub tastes exactly like cotton candy without you even having to consume the 100% sugary badness of actual cotton candy! It's a small pot which can easily be thrown into a handbag and the jar is also glass which I prefer to metal tins that can get battered in a bag.

One issue that I've had with this is that it leaves my finger quite greasy with all this excess lip scrub which got really annoying so I decided to use a lip brush instead, which I'd definitely recommend if you apply it whilst at home. Also, I already mentioned about it being pretty pricey just for a small pot, but I definitely recommend purchasing it. It's worth the money completely and there's been no significant loss of product in the jar either. One thing I would suggest is buying it from a store rather than online as postage is £4 - so essentially, you'd be paying nearly £10 for the product.

In terms of application, I've used it twice every day - once in the morning, once at night and maybe occasionally during the day but the amount of product you use and timings are completely down to you and whether or not you feel like you need more or less.

I hope you've enjoyed this and let me know if you've tried any of the other flavours and if so, do they taste good?! Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. I could do with a lip scrub! Great review thank you x
    TheEnglishRoseGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete